My Visions . . .
Ideas of mine which are unique (or at least unusual or rare):
The "creative frame" theory of the universe
- God creates the universe a trillion trillion trillion times per second (each instant is a "creative frame").
- Each "creative frame" of the universe is static much as each frame of a motion picture is static.
- The universe appears to move because the soul interprets the succession of "creative frames" as motion.
- God usually creates each "creative frame" according to the laws of mathematics and the natural laws (but he can place the objects in each "creative frame" wherever he chooses — this is the explanation of miracles).
- The soul lives in the spirit realm; it experiences a continuous flow of time; and its senses are connected to the physical body.
- Spiritual beings do not reside in the physical realm; they can only interact with it in two ways: (1) at the boundaries (via the senses), and (2) by creating light, sound, wind, and motion of matter which are interpreted by living beings as persons (the angels who rescued Lot) or as apparitions.
- God allows spirit beings (humans, angels, wicked spirits, etc.) to participate in the creation the universe. That is how Satan and the fallen angels are able to affect the world and it is how prayer affects the material world.
My philosophy of the soul
- The great philosophersgot it wrong
- Philosophy is merely the study of the soul
- The material universe is inert, nonliving. Life resides in the spiritual realm.
My unique views about theology and Christianity:
- That Catholics, Orthodox, and Protestants are all "true" Christians. That Christians should stop fighting with Christians about Christianity.
- That the yet-future new heavens and new earth will be the same universe as this universe but without the sin, wickedness, pain, and suffering. In it will be the following: (1) a literal Jewish temple with animal sacrifices, (2) marriage, (3) conjugal relations, and (4) childbearing.
- That the church is the new Israel (also here).
- That the Bible should be interpreted even more literally than the hermeneutics of the fundamentalist evangelical Protestants.
- That hell is not eternal torture (but it does exist, it is eternal, and it will be inhabited).
- God's moral law has never changed. God never commands anyone to do anything immoral. Certain of the actions of Old Testament people were immoral and were not commanded by God.
- My views on the Gospel.
- That evil is not merely the absence of the good but is active spiritual living entities (spiritual viruses, if you will) which influence us and tempt us to do evil.
My unique views about society:
My view of the end times (Eschatology) is unique including:
- My interpretation of the book of Revelation is unique.
- The temple of Ezekiel 40-47 refers to a yet-future literal temple which will exist in the new heavens and new earth.
- The 1,000 yearsof Revelation 20 ended about 1054 A.D. when the eastern and western portions of Christendom split.
- The 70th–7 of Daniel 9 ended with the martyrdom of Stephen which occurred 3–1/2 years after Jesus' crucifixion (he was "cut off").
My views of science and creationism:
- I believe that the universe and earth are old, that Noah's flood was local (perhaps the filling of the Caspian Sea), and that evolutionary theory is true with two exceptions — (1) all "creative" mutations were orchestrated by God and were not random, and (2) Adam and Eve were two literal people, but not the first humans.
- That interpreting the six days of Genesis as six 24-hour days is not a literal interpretation, but a figurative one.
- Pain and suffering have been present on the earth for as long as there were lifeforms capable of experiencing these. Pain and suffering did not suddenly spring into existence at the fall.
Overview of Topics . . .
My ideas, musings, and visions on various topics.
My web site has gotten rather large and the things I care about most aren't necessarily the easiest to find.
Articles . . .
Overview of My Ideas
The New Heavens and the New Earth
Links . . .
Popular . . .
My most popular articles.
Protestant vs. Catholic Comparison — My most popular article by far.
The World Religions
Martin Luther's Teachings
To Spank or Not — I argue that non-abusive spanking of children is an acceptable practice. I took some flack from my psychology instructor when I submitted this for my term paper. The psychology establishment holds the view that spanking is bad.
Integrating Psychology and Christianity — The Christian circle I was part of generally rejected psychology. I wasn't convinced.
My Original Songs
The God of the Old Testament — Did he really command all those atrocities?
Astrology and Horoscopes
How to Interpret the Bible
Vices - a Biblical Perspective