My novel view about how God sustains the world, and the relationship between soul and matter.The key ingredients...
- The universe is static from instant to instant; each instant is like a single still frame of a movie.
- A trillion trillion trillion times a second, God creates the entire universe out of nothing (a Creative Frame), then a brief moment later he allows it to dissolve.
- For each Creative Frame, God usually uses mathematics and the natural laws to determine where to place each particle.
- The souls of all creatures reside in the spiritual realm.
- During each Creative Frame, the souls of all creatures attach themselves to their body to gather data from the senses. (This happens via the window of quantum consciousness ala Stuart Hameroff & Roger Penrose http://www.quantumconsciousness.org)
- We think the universe flows forward in time for the same reason we think a movie composed of still frames flows smoothly in time.
- In the spiritual realm our souls do journey smoothly forward in time.
- God allows spiritual beings to influence where he places objects for each Creative Frame. Thus, under the influence of the wicked spirits, tree branches fall and crush people. This creative influence explains the power of prayer and of blessings.
- In the New Heavens and New Earththis process will be the same but without the influence of sin.
- The Creative Frames view explains miracles. Even the most radical miracle never violates the natural laws because God is not obligated to use the natural laws in deciding where to place each object.
This verse describes one particular Creative Frame, the final one before the White Throne Judgment and the New Heavens and New Earth.
Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? (2 Peter 3:12)
Some points to note...
- Time exists in the spiritual realm but not in the physical realm.
- God sustains the universe the same way he creates it.
- The universe and our relationship to it is exactly the same now as in the yet-future New Heavens and New Earth.
The Creative Frames view explains how evil spirit beings influence the world. Before they fell from grace, God granted them creative power over certain aspects of the universe. Likely, God created the universe based on specifications provided by Satan after he rebelled — Satan meant it for evil, but God uses it for good. We will only finally enjoy the full benefits of this design of the universe in the new heavens and new earth.