The popular end-time viewpoints and their problems...
Problems with Rapture scenarios (all part of premillennialism)...
Every end-time scenario has its problems, meaning, difficulties in interpreting the text.Certain key passages leave room for various diverse interpretations.
The main problems...
- Postmillennialism and Amillennialism: The kingdom promised by God to Israel is considered a conditional promise and the promises applied to the church. Yet in passage after passage it seems God will honor these promises by establishing the nation of Israel as a kingdom on the earth.
- Amillennialism: The passages concerning the kingdom are interpreted allegorically.(But the New Testament writers interpreted many Old Testament passages in this way.)
- Premillennialism: Such an odd blending of mortal humans with resurrected saints in the millennium.
- Premillennialism: The purpose of Christ's second coming must include establishing a kingdom on earth, however, the passages concerning this indicate he comes to judge the world. This judgment occurs at the white throne judgment.
- Premillennialism: Problems with all possible rapture scenarios.
- Premillennialism: In the millennium, humans would have a lifespan of centuries, and the animals would behave very differently.
- Ezekiel 40–48is not really considered by any scenario.
End Time Prophecy Leads to Rome |
The Kingdom of Israel