To give supporting information about the history of end-time views, particularly as they relate to amillennialism and premillennialism.
End Time Prophecy Leads to Rome | The Kingdom of Israel
It is important to discuss what the early church fathers had to say about eschatology and end-time prophecy for several reasons:
- They had a perspective closer in time to the apostles.
- They had a frame of reference which reflects the culture at a time period closer to the writing of the New Testament.
- If they consistently agree about certain issues then we ought to spend extra effort studying these issues if we choose to take an opposing viewpoint.
- Premillennialists often claim that the early church fathers were premillennial.
- The Jews had certain viewpoints regarding the millennium and the end-times that we should consider.
Chiliasm of Early Church Fathers
Jewish Millennial Concepts