Things I consider serious sins...
- Embryonic stem cell research, cloning, and any other practice which destroys human embryos.
- Contraception resulting in abortion.
- Any sexual activityoutside of marriage (marriage is between one man and one woman) or a lifelong bond.
- Slandering others or damaging their good name.
- Reckless driving.
- Not attending church regularly unless circumstances prevent it.
- Living a materialistic, worldly, faithless life.
- The occult.
- Watching or listening to unwholesome programs, images or songs.
- Addiction to drugs, legal or illegal.
- Masturbation when visualizing pornographic images.
- Violence and war except in self-defense or the defense of others.
- Violating the human dignity of others through violence, persecution, discrimination, slavery, or worse.
Activities I consider sinful because they are unwholesome or just plain rude ...
- Most movies, TV programs and commercials. Christians, for the most part, should not go to movies at all and they should throw out their TV. The radio is iffy. Even billboards are often immoral or unwholesome.
- Arguing and bickering.
- Destroying the environment at others' expense.
- Judging other Christian faith traditions.
The doctrine of Total Depravitytaught by some of the Protestant Reformers is incorrect.
I believe the moral teachingof the Catholic Church is mostly correct (although it is not so clear what they actually teach about some things).