I am a born-again, on-fire-for-the-Lord, radically-saved, devout, faithful, orthodox, cafeteria Catholic (but not of the liberal variety) — a true Christian.
The Bibleis the inspired, inerrant, infallible word of God (but not the only word of God.)Jesus Christ is deity incarnate and died a sacrificial death to pay for the sins of all humans. I believe the Nicene Creed(except the part stating God is a substance, and except the filioque cause.)
I reject these false Protestant teachings...
- Sola Scriptura(scripture only)
- Sola Fide(faith only)
- Baptismis merely symbolic
- Eucharist (communion)is merely symbolic
- Pope is the Antichrist
- Bema seat judgment
- Sins are merely covered
- Salvation is juridical (legal) not actual
- Strong emphasis on allegory,symbolism, typology
- Premillennialism,rapture, young earth,global flood
I accept such Catholic teachings as...
- Marian doctrines
- Eucharist is literally the body and blood of Christ
- Sins are remitted via baptism
- Many historical traditions
I don't believe such Catholic teachings as...
- Catholic faith is passed-downfrom the apostles
- Church hierarchyof bishopsand pope
- Catholics must become members of the Catholic Church (after baptism)
- Catholic Church sets rules for poor hapless Catholics to obey
- Clergy vs. laity